|My son and I have matching dimples.|
I know that my posts have been sporadic. This is by design. I am unapologetic that my blog is at the back of a very long line on my list of priorities. My home life with my loved ones will always come before my blogging pursuits. I don't post as regularly as I should. I know that it makes me a bad blogger. I've said it before and I am still not ashamed to admit that my blog sucks, but my life doesn't! I am OK with that. Long ago I gave up on trying to juggle family life, work life, and blogging. I've been a much happier blogger for it. I take care of work and home first so that I may happily blog when I CAN and when I WANT to. It makes blogging more rewarding for me knowing that everything at home and work is in order. I'd rather make the choice to be bad at blogging vs. being a bad mommy, wife, or employee. I admire those that can do it all. Maybe one day that will be me. I know many moms who blog that CAN do it all. If fact they seem to do it with ease and grace. That encourages me, inspires me, and leaves me in awe. But for now, (for me) working a full time job outside of the home and keeping up with my husband and our 5 year old son keeps my plate full. It's been quite some time now that I gave up sleep deprivation in exchange for blogging and I do not regret it. It's just better for me and for my family this way.
|Family trip to Barnes & Noble - Shopping at Marshalls - Cruising around Seaport Village|
These guys! MY guys! I love them both even though it's not always easy to keep up with them! When you don't see a new post from me, it is safe to guess that I am hanging out with these two! With school starting on Monday, we will be an even busier family! Homework here we come!
I may have been quiet here but I have been busy lining up some VERY exciting things. I really should say that the magical Universe has been lining up some great things and sending them my way! Isn't it a nice feeling when you get happy news out of the blue? It makes me think that maybe, just maybe, I am not such a bad blogger after all!
I am always honored when opportunities find their way home to me. I am passive when it comes to blogging opportunities such as events, sponsored posts, and the like. Perhaps one day soon I will have the time, energy, and confidence to go out there and slay some opportunities on my own. I'll get my blogging butt in gear one day and attempt to pitch like many of the bloggers that I admire! Goals for the future. For now, I am happy, humble, and thankful. Even though I am not as active as I once wanted to be, I still get awesome opportunities! In fact, I turn down way more than I accept. Isn't that crazy?! It's OK to walk away once in a while. It lets that opportunity find it's way to someone who REALLY, really, really wants it and has the time for it.
So, for those of you that are like me and think that you are a "bad blogger", don't lose faith! Blog when it feels good.
Bloggy Blessings that have me feeling giddy and encourage me to blog on:
- I attended the Neiman Marcus Fall Trends Luncheon event and made some new friends.
- Hubby and I combined a blogging event and date night into one! Win! We collaborated on the Grand Opening of Lemonade UTC post that I shared recently.
- I am going to ShiftCon 2015 in September. Volunteering and room sharing to keep costs down.
- I was invited to the first ever HP Print and Pamper Retreat by MyPrintly! Bonus: Road Trip to Disneyland! You should see the invitees - many of my blog heros will be there and I get to go too! To say that I am honored to be included is an understatement!
- Jackery has invited me to guest post on their blog. I use their portable chargers ALL the time.
- I was invited by Jord Wood Watch to join their Preferred Partner Blogger Program. I liked their watch. They liked my blog post.
I've said in the past: My blog sucks, but my life sure doesn't! When I revisit this post: Bad Blogger, Good Mommy and read the comments left for me, I know that my choice is the right choice.