Our forecast calls for record-setting heat to last all weekend. It was a HOT one here in San Diego. Just check out the snapshot from our local news station. It is definitely summer weather here in America's Finest City. The National Weather Service advised those planning outdoor activities this weekend to take care to avoid heat-related ailments.
With our unseasonable heat wave we need to make sure to keep hydrated. I encourage my loved ones take fluids even BEFORE they begin to feel thirsty.
While many folks may be using their DripDrop Hydration Powder to help them through winter/cold and flu season, those is our area need it to keep hydrated in the HEAT. Dehydration is caused when the body loses fluids and electrolytes faster than they can be replaced. Kids and dehydration is a BIG concern. Children’s hydration needs are much different than those of adults.
"Every year more than 200,000 children in the United States are admitted to a hospital for dehydration, and often they are treated with a painful IV. Why? Children lose water much more quickly, and they require a greater volume of fluids to stay properly hydrated."
We have a very active 4 year old son. It would break my heart it he needed treatment with a painful IV for something that is easily preventable. Sometimes keeping him hydrated means chasing him down with a drink. I'd much rather do that instead of having him ill from dehydration. We do not like unnecessary hospital visits! We are all for prevention.
- DripDrop provides a simple, cost-effective solution that empowers everyone to treat mild to moderate dehydration with a safe, medical-grade solution.
- The hydration powder packets fit easily in the medicine cabinet, travel kit, purse and gym bag, so it’s there when you need it.
- Simply mix with water and consume.
- Developed by a Mayo Clinic-trained family physician,
- DripDrop contains a proven ratio of ingredients – including sodium, sugars and potassium –which absorb quickly and help you recover faster than any other hydration product on the market.
- DripDrop has been shown to hydrate 34% faster than water alone, and 20% faster than pediatric solutions and sports drinks.
We got to try both the Berry and the Lemon flavors. I am so glad that we were given a choice because our son did not like the Berry but really liked the Lemon. We also received a bottle that my son quickly claimed as his own.
|We stayed inside today to avoid the heat.|
I plan on taking my DripDrop to hydrate me during and after a Bikram Yoga session. If you have ever tried Bikram Yoga then you know how much you sweat in the heated studio. DripDrop sounds like a great way to replenish my electrolytes after a 90 minute sweat session!
To learn more visit the DripDrop website. For information and promotions make sure to follow @dripdrop on Twitter, visit Drip Drop on facebook, and check out drinkdripdrop on Instagram.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks and DripDrop. Complimentary product samples were provided. All opinions are my own.